— Boys Scouts from Troop 7236 unload freshly cut Fraser fir Christmas trees at the corner of East Limestone and Capshaw Roads in eastern Limestone County. Above, Life Scout Matthew Brannan, right, and Scout Sam AuBuchon unload trees for display. The troop is selling the trees now through Dec. 18 for $25 to $110, depending on size. Proceeds from the troop’s sixth-annual sale will be used to buy camping equipment.
- Top Local News
County Commission chairman has online impostor
Stanley Menefee, 68, chairman of the Limestone County Commission and a Republican, was alerted last week that someone had created a Facebook page masquerading as ... Stanley Menefee.Continued ...
- I-65 wreck kills 1, injures 5
- Interior demolition completed on temporary courthouse
- Board approves Garris as new Elkmont principal
- KALB moves forward on Farmers Market green space
- County Commission chairman has online impostor
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Local Sports
Alabama, Auburn women's programs might be on rise
The Auburn and Alabama women's basketball teams are now led by energetic recruiters with winning track records hoping to lead a return to the halcyon days when both were NCAA tournament regulars.Continued ...
- 100K protesters flood Brazilian streets in protest
- Back home, Heat try to stop a 5th Spurs NBA title
- Heartbreak on his birthday for Mickelson in Open
- Manu Ginobili sparks Spurs to Game 5 win
- Alabama, Auburn women's programs might be on rise
- Food companies work to make it look natural
- Miss Connecticut wins Miss USA contest in Vegas
- A pairing for every patriarch: Think type, not tie, when picking a bottle for Dad on Father's Day
- Kate formally names Royal Princess cruise ship
- MTV networks going back to roots for July Fourth
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 6/19/13
Singing on the Square
Singing on the Square will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, June 21, featuring Dixie Bluegrass Boys and Tilford Sellers and the Wagon Burners. In case of rain, the event will move to the Limestone County Event Center. The public is invited to bring lawn chairs to the east side of Limestone County Courthouse for the free concert. Contact: 256-232-5411.
- Church Bulletin 6/19/13
- Limestone Ledger 6/19/13