Members of the Athens High School Marching Band practice in the heat Wednesday in the AHS parking lot. High humidity made temperatures in the 90s seem much higher. Today, highs are forecast in the lower 90s but humidity will cause heat index readings 98 to 103. Above, a xylophonist carefully watches the drum majorette’s commands. At right, a bugler practices music and marching with her band mates. The band is directed by Steve Williams.
Send photos of band students practicing or performing to be published each Sunday in The News Courier. Email to Kelly Kazek at email@example.com.
- Top Local News
State, local officials weigh-in on Oklahoma tragedy
What else can Limestone County residents do to help? Kaye Young McFarlen, executive director of the Athens-Limestone United Way, said not doing anything would be the best method of help, for now.Continued ...
- Second man arrested over washer, dryer burglary
- Athens seeks to support Oklahoma
- North Alabama in slight risk category for severe weather; storms possible through Thursday
- Alabama legislators' view of session depends on party
- State, local officials weigh-in on Oklahoma tragedy
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
Her lawyers have said Arias is the only witness they'll call to testify on her behalf.Continued ...
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister
- Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Legislators' view of session depends on party
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Local Sports
Alabama rallies past Auburn 6-3 at SEC tournament
Alabama used a 3-run rally in the eighth inning to push past Auburn for a 6-3 victory in the opening round of the Southeastern Conference tournament on Tuesday.Continued ...
- Former Tide WR Woodson transfers to South Alabama
- Alabama's Grant promotes Pettway, Brannen
- Vanderbilt, LSU headline expanded SEC tournament
- Dothan museum hosts exhibit of World War II images
- Alabama rallies past Auburn 6-3 at SEC tournament
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/21/13
An information booth with educational materials and someone to answer questions about Alzheimer’s disease will be available from 2-4 p.m. Wednesday at Walgreens on U.S. 31 North in Athens across from the high school.
- Limestone Ledger 5/19/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/21/13