Jason Bolan, left, and Gavin Cumbess, right, from North Alabama Glass company move a “cherry picker” lift to receive supplies from their ground manager, not pictured, Monday morning. The crew has been placing plexiglass storm windows over stained glass windows at Market Street Church of Christ in downtown Athens for the past week. Cumbess and Bolan said the work has been hampered by the weather, a mix of rain and heat, but mostly heat, because there is almost no shade while they work on the heavy equipment.
- Top Local News
Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
When the group emerged, a large tree had narrowly missed the home, limbs lay everywhere and a smaller tree was snapped in half in the front yard.Continued ...
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
- West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
- EXCLUSIVE: Photos of Limestone County tornado
- UPDATE: EMS reports minor storm damage, no injuries
- Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Local Sports
ACE IN THE HOLE
Athens Bible School opponents may not know who Megan Davidson is now, but they soon will after the sophomore pitcher takes the mound in the AHSAA State Softball Tournament Friday morning.Continued ...
- Hodges, Williams finish in the top 5 at state golf tourney
- COLUMN: Athens girls soccer caps remarkable run
- Ardmore’s Hodges in top 5 at state golf tourney
- State baseball schedule
- ACE IN THE HOLE
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/18/13
Limestone County Sheriff’s 31st Annual Rodeo continues tonight at the Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99 in Athens. Gates open at 6 p.m. Rodeo at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at gate. For more information, go online to www.limestonesheriffrodeo.com. Contact: Limestone Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111.
- Limestone Ledger 5/17/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/18/13