- Top Local News
Tests: No common germ behind Alabama illness cluster
Nine people suffered a flu-like illness with symptoms like fever, cough and shortness of breath.Continued ...
- City pool to open this weekend
- Pryor, Beaty streets closed today
- Franklin residents start tornado relief effort
- Athens Parks & Recreation prepares for summer lineup
- Tests: No common germ behind Alabama illness cluster
- Today's Local Feature
Ombudsman Center awards 43 diplomas
One student rode his bicycle daily more than 15 miles from West Limestone wearing a bright orange paintball vest loaned by Ombudsman director Heather Brown, and another walked several miles each school day from Capshaw.Continued ...
- Field day highlights end of school year
- Graduation time at Lindsay Lane
- Ombudsman Center awards 43 diplomas
- State and Nation
2 more arrests in London attack investigation
Two Muslim hardliners say the man seen wielding a bloody butcher's knife after the killing of a British soldier is a Muslim convert who took part in demonstrations with the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.Continued ...
- Auburn among fastest-growing U.S. cities
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- 2 more arrests in London attack investigation
- Local Sports
LSU blanks Alabama 3-0 in SEC tournament
Cody Glenn pitched seven scoreless innings as LSU beat Alabama 3-0 in the second round of the Southeastern Conference tournament on Wednesday.Continued ...
- Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
- Bulldogs outlast Missouri 2-1 in 17 innings
- Alabama rallies past Auburn 6-3 at SEC tournament
- Former Tide WR Woodson transfers to South Alabama
- LSU blanks Alabama 3-0 in SEC tournament
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/23/13
VFW grill out
The VFW and Ladies Auxiliary grill out will be held from 2-5 p.m. Sunday at the VFW Post on North Jefferson Street. $5 per plate for barbecue ribs and chicken plate dinners. Eat in or carry out. Public invited. Contact: 256-729-6077 or 431-7887.
- Limestone Ledger 5/22/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/23/13