— The grand prize for this year’s Christmas Open House event, sponsored by the Greater Limestone County Chamber of Commerce, will be a Scott Kay Necklace, donated by Hobbs Jewelers. The prize is displayed above by Jennifer Williamson, president of the Chamber, and Steve Hobbs of Hobbs Jewelers. The Open House event will be held Nov. 17-18 and the prize drawing will be at 5 p.m. on Nov. 18. Attendees can register to win at any business participating in the open house.
- Top Local News
BREAKING: 51 dead in Oklahoma tornado
Children from Plaza Towers Elementary School were among the dead, but several students were pulled alive from the rubble. Rescue workers passed the survivors down a human chain to the triage center in the parking lot.Continued ...
- Man arrested in connection to March burglary
- No Athens City Schools work session to be held tonight
- Alabama schools get authority to hire security
- Alabama lawmakers approve sweeping gun bill
- BREAKING: 51 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
Bond issue approved for Alabama schools
The $30 million measure was among $280 million in bond measures awaiting legislative action.Continued ...
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
- New medical school in Dothan nears completion
- Alabama Legislature returns for last day
- Bond issue approved for Alabama schools
- Local Sports
ACE IN THE HOLE
Athens Bible School opponents may not know who Megan Davidson is now, but they soon will after the sophomore pitcher takes the mound in the AHSAA State Softball Tournament Friday morning.Continued ...
- Hodges, Williams finish in the top 5 at state golf tourney
- COLUMN: Athens girls soccer caps remarkable run
- Ardmore’s Hodges in top 5 at state golf tourney
- State baseball schedule
- ACE IN THE HOLE
- Alabama's Grant promotes Pettway, Brannen
- Vanderbilt, LSU headline expanded SEC tournament
- Dothan museum hosts exhibit of World War II images
- Outdoor athletes converge on Oak Mountain State Park for race
- OJ Simpson testifies in bid for new Vegas trial
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/19/13
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
- Church Bulletin 5/19/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/19/13