U.S. Rep. Mo Brooks, R-5th, left, presented two foreign military medals Friday to Persian Gulf War veteran Ryan Walker of New Market. The presentation took place at the Alabama Veterans Museum in Athens. Brooks presented Walker with Kuwait Liberation medals from the countries of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Brooks described Friday’s event as unusual because the medals are from a foreign country in recognition of exemplary service not only to the United States, but also to countries in the Middle East.
- Top Local News
The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
No one alive has experienced a major earthquake in the Midwest, yet geologists say it’s only a matter of time. That puts a lot of uncertainty on disaster officials.Continued ...
- Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
- West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
- EXCLUSIVE: Photos of Limestone County tornado
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Local Sports
ACE IN THE HOLE
Athens Bible School opponents may not know who Megan Davidson is now, but they soon will after the sophomore pitcher takes the mound in the AHSAA State Softball Tournament Friday morning.Continued ...
- Hodges, Williams finish in the top 5 at state golf tourney
- COLUMN: Athens girls soccer caps remarkable run
- Ardmore’s Hodges in top 5 at state golf tourney
- State baseball schedule
- ACE IN THE HOLE
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/19/13
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
- Church Bulletin 5/19/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/19/13