- State and Nation
- Alabama Legislature targets elder abuse
Bond issue approved for Alabama schools
The $30 million measure was among $280 million in bond measures awaiting legislative action.
Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
Television video showed debris from homes and businesses being carried aloft as the twister rolled through Moore, a community on the south side of Oklahoma City. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
- New medical school in Dothan nears completion
- Alabama Legislature returns for last day
- Birmingham police probe shooting outside nightclub
- Alabama to practice hurricane traffic reversal
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Powerball jackpot closing in on another record
- More State and Nation Headlines