- State and Nation
Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister
As the sun rose over the shattered community of Moore, the state medical examiner's office cut the estimated death toll by more than half but warned that the number was likely to climb again.
Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened
In his first public remarks since the story broke, Douglas Shulman said: "I agree this is an issue that when someone spotted it, they should have brought it up the chain. And they didn't. I don't know why."
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Legislators' view of session depends on party
- Fire changes Alabama father's life
- Builders preserve Montgomery building's past
- Woman who drove car into lake dies at hospital
- Alabama Legislature targets elder abuse
Bond issue approved for Alabama schools
The $30 million measure was among $280 million in bond measures awaiting legislative action.
Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
- More State and Nation Headlines
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma twister