- State and Nation
- Alabama Legislature returns for last day
- Birmingham police probe shooting outside nightclub
- Alabama to practice hurricane traffic reversal
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Powerball jackpot closing in on another record
- Escaped Alabama inmate recaptured
Arrests in New Orleans parade shootings cheered
Two brothers were booked with 20 counts each of attempted second-degree murder in Sunday's shooting spree in which 19 people were struck by bullets and one was injured while fleeing. Authorities said three people remain in critical condition.
Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
The largest jackpot ever was a $656 million Mega Millions prize won in March 2012. The prize was split three ways with winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
- Randy Travis sues to block DWI patrol car video release
Fight injures Alabama fire chief, sparks resignations
It's not clear what started the argument, but the men haven't gotten along.
- More State and Nation Headlines