- State and Nation
Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened
In his first public remarks since the story broke, Douglas Shulman said: "I agree this is an issue that when someone spotted it, they should have brought it up the chain. And they didn't. I don't know why."
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Legislators' view of session depends on party
- Fire changes Alabama father's life
- Builders preserve Montgomery building's past
- Woman who drove car into lake dies at hospital
- Alabama Legislature targets elder abuse
Bond issue approved for Alabama schools
The $30 million measure was among $280 million in bond measures awaiting legislative action.
Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
Television video showed debris from homes and businesses being carried aloft as the twister rolled through Moore, a community on the south side of Oklahoma City. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
- More State and Nation Headlines
- Former IRS chief: Can't say how targeting happened