A man attempting to steal gasoline managed to set a house, a car and himself on fire in the process.
- State and Nation
- Tuscaloosa homes hit by tornado being demolished
- Police: Man shot dead after traffic collision
- Tornado upon them, quick choices decided fate
- Friend of alleged soldier killer arrested at BBC
- Improving economy changes political landscape
Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
Four girls killed in an Alabama church bombing during the civil rights movement are receiving the highest honor Congress gives to civilians.
Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
The vote was conducted by secret ballot Thursday during the National Council's annual meeting at conference center not far from Boy Scout headquarters in suburban Dallas.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
2 more arrests in London attack investigation
Two Muslim hardliners say the man seen wielding a bloody butcher's knife after the killing of a British soldier is a Muslim convert who took part in demonstrations with the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.
- More State and Nation Headlines