OCEANSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Police in Oceanside, Calif., say former NFL star Junior Seau has been found dead at his home.
Police Lt. Karen Laser confirmed the death Wednesday but released no other details.
Police responded to a report of a shooting at 10 a.m. at Seau's home on the coast north of San Diego.
Seau was a standout linebacker with the University of Southern California before going to the San Diego Chargers, whom he led to the Super Bowl following the 1994 season.
He remained with the Chargers until 2003 and went on to play with the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots before retiring after the 2009 season.
- State and Nation
- Tuscaloosa homes hit by tornado being demolished
- Police: Man shot dead after traffic collision
- Tornado upon them, quick choices decided fate
- Friend of alleged soldier killer arrested at BBC
- Improving economy changes political landscape
Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
Four girls killed in an Alabama church bombing during the civil rights movement are receiving the highest honor Congress gives to civilians.
Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
The vote was conducted by secret ballot Thursday during the National Council's annual meeting at conference center not far from Boy Scout headquarters in suburban Dallas.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
2 more arrests in London attack investigation
Two Muslim hardliners say the man seen wielding a bloody butcher's knife after the killing of a British soldier is a Muslim convert who took part in demonstrations with the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.
- More State and Nation Headlines