A man's car explodes while being fueled at a gas station.
- State and Nation
Arrests in New Orleans parade shootings cheered
Two brothers were booked with 20 counts each of attempted second-degree murder in Sunday's shooting spree in which 19 people were struck by bullets and one was injured while fleeing. Authorities said three people remain in critical condition.
Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
The largest jackpot ever was a $656 million Mega Millions prize won in March 2012. The prize was split three ways with winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
- Randy Travis sues to block DWI patrol car video release
Fight injures Alabama fire chief, sparks resignations
It's not clear what started the argument, but the men haven't gotten along.
- Arias victim's family makes dramatic statement
- Man, 20, presumed drowned after falling into water
- Authorities searching for inmate accused of escape
- Hangout Fest opens Friday in Gulf Shores
California fuels Powerball $550 million jackpot
Californians have Nevadans to thank for some of that good fortune. The state's biggest Powerball seller is a convenience store on the California-Nevada state line.
Officials: Texas tornado likely had 200 mph winds
Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth, saw the worst of the damage, as the exceptionally powerful tornado tore through two neighborhoods around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- More State and Nation Headlines
- Arrests in New Orleans parade shootings cheered