A surveillance video captured a driver striking a pedestrian and sending him flipping through the air. Police caught the driver within minutes. Incredibly, the victim wasn't seriously hurt.
- State and Nation
Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims
Four girls killed in an Alabama church bombing during the civil rights movement are receiving the highest honor Congress gives to civilians.
Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
The vote was conducted by secret ballot Thursday during the National Council's annual meeting at conference center not far from Boy Scout headquarters in suburban Dallas.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
2 more arrests in London attack investigation
Two Muslim hardliners say the man seen wielding a bloody butcher's knife after the killing of a British soldier is a Muslim convert who took part in demonstrations with the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.
- Auburn among fastest-growing U.S. cities
Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Early estimates indicate the tornado caused more than $2 billion of damage in Moore. Whole subdivisions in the fast-growing community of 56,000 people were destroyed.
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- More State and Nation Headlines
- Obama OKs honor for Birmingham bombing victims