A British man wrestled a shark away from the shallow waters of an Australian beach. Bystanders were also surprised to see the shark in a nearby creek.
- State and Nation
Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
The vote was conducted by secret ballot Thursday during the National Council's annual meeting at conference center not far from Boy Scout headquarters in suburban Dallas.
- Hurricane center: Beware of the storm surge
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
2 more arrests in London attack investigation
Two Muslim hardliners say the man seen wielding a bloody butcher's knife after the killing of a British soldier is a Muslim convert who took part in demonstrations with the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.
- Auburn among fastest-growing U.S. cities
Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Early estimates indicate the tornado caused more than $2 billion of damage in Moore. Whole subdivisions in the fast-growing community of 56,000 people were destroyed.
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
Alabama's tuition plan starting reduced payments
The financial outlook for Alabama's prepaid-college-tuition plan has turned around since the state's highest court ruled the program can pay tuition at fall 2010 rates rather than current rates, a financial expert said Wednesday.
- More State and Nation Headlines
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys