- Local News
Alabama lawmakers approve sweeping gun bill
The House approved the final version 73-28 Monday afternoon, mostly along party lines, with Democrats and urban lawmakers on the losing side.
- BREAKING: $1.1M expansion announced for Ardmore company
Alabama Legislature has slow start on last day
The House met briefly Monday morning and then recessed because the representatives were upset about the slowdown in the Senate. The bills pending in the Senate affect many of the representatives' districts.
- Athens Utilities to close Clinton near U.S. 72
- US gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks
- Tornadoes slam Plains, Midwest; 1 dead in Okla.
The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
No one alive has experienced a major earthquake in the Midwest, yet geologists say it’s only a matter of time. That puts a lot of uncertainty on disaster officials.
Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
When the group emerged, a large tree had narrowly missed the home, limbs lay everywhere and a smaller tree was snapped in half in the front yard.
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
A man from West was killed Thursday when he drowned after his lawn mower tipped over into a pond.
- More Local News Headlines
- Alabama lawmakers approve sweeping gun bill