Friday is the last day to register to vote in the upcoming special constitutional amendment election scheduled for Sept. 18.
Next Thursday, Sept. 13, will be the last day to apply for an absentee ballot.
The referendum is for a proposed constitutional amendment that would allow state officials to take $437 million out of a state trust fund over three years to help finance the state General Fund budget.
For a downloadable voter-registration form, an absentee-ballot application or more information about the upcoming special election, go online to www.alabamavotes.gov or call 1-800-274-VOTE.
- Local News
Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
When the group emerged, a large tree had narrowly missed the home, limbs lay everywhere and a smaller tree was snapped in half in the front yard.
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
A man from West was killed Thursday when he drowned after his lawn mower tipped over into a pond.
- EXCLUSIVE: Photos of Limestone County tornado
- UPDATE: EMS reports minor storm damage, no injuries
- Rodeo festivities tonight postponed
Alabama unemployment drops to 6.9 percent
The last time Alabama had an unemployment rate this low was in January. After that, the rate inched up and then began declining again.
- Singing on the Square canceled
- UPDATE: Crews on the scene of crash on Interstate 65
Weather delays exceptional rodeo
The Limestone County Sheriff's Office has moved the exceptional rodeo.
- More Local News Headlines
- Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road