— Participants in the Sherri Adams Pink Ribbon Run finish the 5K run/walk on Washington Street in Athens Saturday morning on their final stretch to Wellness Center Park and the finish line. Event proceeds stay in Limestone County to benefit the Pink Elephant Scholarship Fund at Athens-Limestone Hospital. Sherri Adams was a nurse at Limestone Health Facility. She died of complications from cancer Aug. 27, 2011.
- Local News
Board approves Garris as new Elkmont principal
The Limestone County Board of Education approved the contract for Garth Garris, 44, during Tuesday’s board meeting. Garris was named the new principal of Ekmont High School, and he begins work June 24.
KALB moves forward on Farmers Market green space
Kevin Bryant of Turf Doctor Inc. has also been brought on board as a consultant for planting and overall design. Hart said Bryant is assisting the team with the science involved in growing healthy foods. Their main goal is to cultivate produce without using pesticides.
Low-performing list unveiled with 78 schools
No schools within the Limestone or Athens school systems were identified as schools needing improvement on the complete 78-school list revealed by state Superintendent Dr. Tommy Bice during a mid-morning press conference in Montgomery.
- 'Refuse to Be a Victim' class location changed
- 3,000 without power in West
- BREAKING: No Limestone schools on failing schools list
- Failing schools list to be released today w/LINK TO LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE
- State to release list of schools failing in state
Only 13 apply, so far, for SRO jobs
Certified officers can still apply this week.
- Plans for archives improvements move ahead
- More Local News Headlines
- Board approves Garris as new Elkmont principal