Limestone County school board members approved an array of personal items during their monthly meeting at the Limestone County Clinton Street Courthouse Annex. Here is a synopsis of action:
• Agreed to hire the following new personnel: Atina English as Title I teacher at Blue Springs Elementary School for one year only; Valerie Haislep as Title I teacher at Blue Springs for one year; Louis Berry as assistant principal at East Limestone High School; Carol Torello as itinerant speech pathologist at East; Sherry Caudill as Title I teacher at Johnson Elementary School for one year; Whitney Moore as Title I teacher at Owens Elementary School for one year; Emily Paschall as Title I teacher at Owens for one year; Grace Anderson as Title I teacher at Piney Chapel Elementary School for one year; Jillian Chappell as Title I mathematics teacher at Tanner High School for one year; April Long as Title I teacher at Tanner for one year; and Andrea Berry as power equipment instructor at the Career Technical Center for one year.
• Agreed to transfer the following: Autumn Rowe to guidance counselor at Ardmore High School; David Howse to art teacher at Creekside Elementary School; Rebecca Butler to special education instructional assistant at Johnson; Faye Hall to CNP manager at Piney Chapel; Linda McCrary to full-time CNP worker/assistant at West Limestone High School; and Mary Robinson to federal programs director at the Central Office.
• Accepted the following resignations: Taylor Crumbley as collaborative teacher at Ardmore; Jerry Fulks as social science teacher at Ardmore, Reba Bishop as bus assistant at Blue Spring and Clements High School; Scott McCormick as math teacher at Clements, Cynthia Carter as CNP worker/assistant at Creekside, Susan Brock as bus driver at Elkmont and Piney Chapel, Nina Smith as teacher at Johnson, and Shanna Tribble as full-time bus utility driver at the bus garage.
• Granted the following leaves of absence: Sonya Marks, math teacher at Clements; Leigh Davis, teacher at Creekside; Kathy Page, teacher at Tanner; and Deshanda Peoples as special education instructional assistant at Tanner.
• Rescinded Aug. 20 through Dec. 7 leaves of absence for Brad Brazeal, ISS/attendance aide at East, and Micki Thomas, special education inclusion assistant at East, to show Aug. 16 start dates.
• Agreed to hire the following as substitutes: Carmen Mitchell for special education inclusion assistant at East for 2012-13 school year, Brittley Thompson for special education inclusion assistant at East from Aug. 20 through Dec. 2, Emily Boldin for Spanish teacher at Elkmont High School for first semester, Tessa Hardiman for teacher at Elkmont for first semester, and Lori Vining for teacher at Elkmont from Aug. 20 through Nov. 16.
• Agreed to temporarily hire Heather Crawford as kindergarten camp teacher at Creekside and Leigh Carter as part-time office worker at Johnson (to be paid by the school).