— On Saturday, members of the Austin High School JROTC program’s honor and color guards salute the Leggtown Cemetery marker of Pfc. Leroy Murray. Murray, who was born and raised in Limestone County and was one of the Tuskegee Airmen during World War II, died 25 years ago at age 74. The cadets include Capt. Erik Aviles, Command Sgt. Maj. Tim Murrow, 1st Lt. Wesley Lucas, 1st Sgt. Marco Santos, 2nd Lt. Maribel Chaves, Sgt. Kove Schultz, Staff Sgt. Jocelyn Marquez, 2nd Lt. Nestor Aviles, 1st Sgt. Deonte Rivera and 2nd Lt. John Munoz.
- Local News
The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
No one alive has experienced a major earthquake in the Midwest, yet geologists say it’s only a matter of time. That puts a lot of uncertainty on disaster officials.
Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
When the group emerged, a large tree had narrowly missed the home, limbs lay everywhere and a smaller tree was snapped in half in the front yard.
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
A man from West was killed Thursday when he drowned after his lawn mower tipped over into a pond.
- EXCLUSIVE: Photos of Limestone County tornado
- UPDATE: EMS reports minor storm damage, no injuries
- Rodeo festivities tonight postponed
Alabama unemployment drops to 6.9 percent
The last time Alabama had an unemployment rate this low was in January. After that, the rate inched up and then began declining again.
- Singing on the Square canceled
- UPDATE: Crews on the scene of crash on Interstate 65
- More Local News Headlines
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake