People crowded into the Athens Chick-fil-A on U.S. 72 Wednesday for lunch in support of the unofficial "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" proposed by former Arkansas governor and Fox News pundit Mike Huckabee. The move was in response to backlash to Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's remarks on the company's stance on same sex marriage; the drive-thru and seating area were filled to capacity with people pledging to continue their support of the restaurant.
- Local News
The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake
No one alive has experienced a major earthquake in the Midwest, yet geologists say it’s only a matter of time. That puts a lot of uncertainty on disaster officials.
Residents ride out storm on Roy Long Road
When the group emerged, a large tree had narrowly missed the home, limbs lay everywhere and a smaller tree was snapped in half in the front yard.
- Possible tornado surprises Athens
West Limestone man killed in lawn mower accident
A man from West was killed Thursday when he drowned after his lawn mower tipped over into a pond.
- EXCLUSIVE: Photos of Limestone County tornado
- UPDATE: EMS reports minor storm damage, no injuries
- Rodeo festivities tonight postponed
Alabama unemployment drops to 6.9 percent
The last time Alabama had an unemployment rate this low was in January. After that, the rate inched up and then began declining again.
- Singing on the Square canceled
- UPDATE: Crews on the scene of crash on Interstate 65
- More Local News Headlines
- The Big One: Preparing for mid-America earthquake