— Limestone County is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 4 p.m. First reponders have answered several weather-related calls this afternoon, including reports of tree and power pole on fire. Firefighters also responded to a house fire on Pryor Street, though it's unclear if the fire was lightning related. The roof was also blown off a mobile home on Shaw Road.
- Local News
KALB moves forward on Farmers Market green space
Kevin Bryant of Turf Doctor Inc. has also been brought on board as a consultant for planting and overall design. Hart said Bryant is assisting the team with the science involved in growing healthy foods. Their main goal is to cultivate produce without using pesticides.
Low-performing list unveiled with 78 schools
No schools within the Limestone or Athens school systems were identified as schools needing improvement on the complete 78-school list revealed by state Superintendent Dr. Tommy Bice during a mid-morning press conference in Montgomery.
- 'Refuse to Be a Victim' class location changed
- 3,000 without power in West
- BREAKING: No Limestone schools on failing schools list
- Failing schools list to be released today w/LINK TO LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE
- State to release list of schools failing in state
Only 13 apply, so far, for SRO jobs
Certified officers can still apply this week.
- Plans for archives improvements move ahead
- UPDATE: Fewer than 400 still without power in Limestone
- More Local News Headlines
- KALB moves forward on Farmers Market green space