Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Day of Love. Pleasant Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will hold a Day of Love and give away free food and clothing boxes at the corner of Plato Jones and Browns Ferry streets from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15. Contact: 256-216-0660 or 256-233-5995.
• Singing. Friendship Stateline Freewill Baptist Church at 13363 Stateline Road in Taft, Tenn., will host a gospel singing at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, featuring The Lovelace Family of Burnsville, Miss., and Denise Hopkins-Jaco of Toney. Contact: 256-423-4429.
• Gospel meeting. West Hobbs Street Church of Christ at 1602 W. Hobbs St. will host a gospel meeting Sept. 16-19 featuring speaker Mark Posey of Austinville Church of Christ. Services are at 9 .m., 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday and 7 nightly Monday-Wednesday. Contact: 256-232-4705.
• Usher installation. Bright Hope Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will hold its annual usher installation at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16 with the Rev. Columbus Waddle and St. Elizabeth CPCA in charge of the service. Contact: James Moore at 256-355-6253.
• Concert. Lindsay Lane Baptist Church at 1300 Lindsay Lane in Athens will host Tenth Avenue North’s the Struggle Tour with special guests Audrey Assad and Rend Collective Experiment at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20. Tickets are $15-$35. Contact: 256-837-9293 or wayfm.com.
• Sisters@SONrise. New Life Church at 2314 South Hine St. will host its Sisters@SONrise worship on at 6 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22. Pastor Antoyne L. Green will preach. The Sisters@SONrise Choir and the New Life Reunion Dance Ministry will minister. Tonya Williams will lead the service. The public is invited; dress is casual. Contact: Camille Sevier at 256-468-1539.
• Homecoming. New Beria Missionary Baptist Church on Alabama 99/Buck Island Road will hos its 129th Church Homecoming with servisces at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday. Sept. 23. Guest church will be Matthews house of Praise Missionary Baptist Church and Pastor Jeremiah Gardner. Lunch will be served between services.
• Family and Friends Day. Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church at 14065 Lucas Ferry Road in Athens will host a Family and Friends Day at 11 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23 with Pastor Antoyne Green and the congregation of New Life M.B. Church in charge of the service. Contact: Velma Stewart at 256-533-6354.
• Men’s and Women’s services. Mount Zion Primitive Baptist Church will host Men’s and Women’s Day celebrations Sunday, Sept. 23. The speaker for the Women’s Day service at 11 a.m. will be Dr. Helen McAlpine, president of Drake Technical College. The service will be led by the Women of Mt. Zion. Pastor Larry Lockett and the New Hopewell Church family will be guests for the afternoon Men’s Day celebration.
• Homecoming. Peace Missionary Baptist Church at 1214 Plainview Circle in Athens will observe its annual Friends & Family Day and Homecoming Celebration at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23. Pastor J.E. Turnbore will deliver the message at 11 a.m. Pastor James Jamar of St. John M.B. Church of Athens will preach at 2 p.m.
• Pancake breakfast. Group 3 of Greater Hope Missionary Baptist Church will hold a pancake breakfast from 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, at Applebee’s in Athens. Tickets available at church in advance or $5 at the door. Contact: Velma B. Stewart at 256-533-6354.
• Prayer breakfast. St. Mark Primitive Baptist Church at 740 Sanderfer Road will host its annual prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29 featuring guest speaker Dr. Jameh Gardner. Public invited. Contact: 256-233-1700.
• Dessert comedy theater. Ascension Lutheran Church on Oakwood Avenue in Huntsville will host a performance of “Sweet Life,” featuring comedy and dessert at 7 p.m., on Saturday, Sept. 29. Tickets available at the door or online at www.ascensionluthernhuntsville.com. Contact: 256-536-9987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Friends and Family Day. Tanner Church of Christ at 19925 Huntsville-Browns Ferry Road in Tanner will hold Friends and Family Day Sept. 30 with Bible class at 9:30 a.m. with speaker Charles Thompson; worship at 10:30 a.m. with speaker Mark Little; lunch; singing from 1:30-2:30 p.m. and a brief devotional by Charles Thompson. Contact: 256-233-1448 or 256-431-4044.