Slate: A better way to manage your household budget
Most people who want to know about household budgeting turn to someone like personal finance guru Dave Ramsey, who has a carefully crafted household budgeting system which relies on a simple idea, sometimes called the "envelope system." There is a problem, though: It is in violation of basic economic principles.
- Groundbreaking improv comic Jonathan Winters dies w/VIDEO
VIDEO: Top baristas duke it out for U.S. championship
The US Barista Championship offers participants 15 minutes to prepare and serve espressos, cappuccinos and coffee drinks to an array of judges. Competitors demonstrate their art and skill and at times use unexpected ingredients.
- Easter Seals program helps babies, first-time moms
Some Southern chefs looking north for inspiration
The South's love affair with fried chicken, collard greens, gumbo and biscuits is being challenged — and changed — by an unlikely influence. The North.
How to detect malware on your PC
Your anti-virus software is supposed to detect and deflect malware but, for a number of reasons, some can slip by.
Slate: How Americans parent
New parenthood is a desperate search for certainty: When you start knowing nothing, you are desperate to know something.
- Locals to Walk for Autism Saturday at AHS
- Belle Chèvre officially launching first store Saturday
- Will typing follow cursive out of the classroom?
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Slate: A better way to manage your household budget