The annual America’s Miss Teen U.S. pageant was held at the Vicksburg City Auditorium in Vicksburg, Miss.
Athens resident Danielle Cassady, Alabama’s Miss Teen U.S., captured the national teen crown and title.
She was named 2012-13 America’s Miss Teen U.S. and will represent the pageant system at various events during the next year.
She was also selected as the Most Photogenic Award winner.
She attends East Limestone High School where she is a rising senior.
Participants from across the United States competed in the pageant. Contestants were judged on interview, evening gown, and casual wear modeling.
Restaurant learns online reviews can make or break
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — It was the customer service disaster heard around the Internet.
An Arizona restaurateur, fed up after years of negative online reviews and an embarrassing appearance on a reality television show, allegedly posted a social media rant laced with salty language and angry, uppercase letters that quickly went viral last week, to the delight of people who love a good Internet meltdown.
"I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE," read the posting on the Facebook wall of Amy's Baking Co. in Scottsdale, Ariz. "YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD."
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us
- 'Duck Dynasty' stars to appear at Auburn event
- Alabama man's class ring found decades later
- Hangout Fest opens Friday in Gulf Shores
- Students help teacher write history book
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- 1st day of 2-day Andy Williams auction brings $46M
Google unveils $10-a-month 'All Access' music plan
All Access will be competing with Spotify, Rhapsody, Pandora and other popular music services. Apple, the biggest seller of online music, does not have a subscription-based service.
- Camp Hope: Day of fun for bereaved kids
- More Lifestyle Headlines
- Restaurant learns online reviews can make or break