• Lenten lunches. Local churches are holding the Lenten lunch series through March 20. Hour-long services with music, followed by lunch, are held each Wednesday at noon at Saint Timothy’s Episcopal Church, 207 E. Washington St. in Athens. During each service, clergy from participating churches read scripture and offer a brief reflection. Lunch, prepared on a rotating basis by participating churches, is served in the parish hall. Donations are encouraged and support the work of Limestone County Churches Involved. Contact St. Timothy’s at 256-232-3541.
• Revival/Anniversary. Jerusalem Primitive Baptist Church, 6895 Mooresville Road in Belle Mina, will wrap up their Spring Revival at 7 tonight, March 15 with speaker elder Kenneth Lankford and Fletcher's Chapel P.B. Church. Also, the 143rd church anniversary will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 17, with guest speaker Elder Jerry Crutcher and Little Indian Creek P.B. Church.
• Cemetery cleaning. The annual cemetery cleaning at Poplar Creek, 16031 Poplar Creek Road, will begin at 8 a.m. Saturday, March 16. Contact: Nelson Williams 256-874-3953.
• Day of Love. Pleasant Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America will hold a Day of Love and give away free food and clothing boxes at the corner of Plato Jones and Browns Ferry streets from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 16. Contact: 256-216-0660 or 256-233-5995.)
• Appreciation service. St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church, at 10081 Snake Road in Athens, invites the public to the fourth appreciation service for Pastor Brandon and first lady Nogzi Love on Sunday, March 17. Pastor Michael Burks and Christway Church in Athens will lead the 11 a.m. service. Pastor Phil Ford and the Singing Disciples of Huntsville will lead the 2:30 p.m. service.
• Gospel singing. Majestic Chapel on Hays Mill Road off Alabama 127 will be the site at 11 a.m. Sunday, March 17, for a gospel singing by the Glory Echoes. Sunday school classes will be held at 10 a.m. The singing will take the place of the 11 a.m. worship service. Contact: 256-431-8038.
• Pink Tea. The Mallard Creek Primitive Baptist Association annual Pink Tea will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 17, at Indian Creek P.B. Church at 380 Indian Creek Road in Huntsville. Pink Tea supports scholarships and Huntsville Bible College. Public invited.
• Singing. The Hogan Family will be featured at a free singing at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, March 17, at Lebanon Community Church. Contact: Melissa 256-777-1324.
• Mt. Nebo in March. Mt. Nebo Missionary Baptist Church at 27971 Easter Ferry Road in Lester has several March activities scheduled: Choir Day, at 2:30 p.m., Sunday, March 17; Youth Revival at 7 nightly March 20-22; Youth Day at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, March 24 and Easter Sunrise Service at 6 p.m. Sunday, March 31. Public welcome.
• Firefighter recognition. Wooley Springs Baptist Church at the corner of Alabama 251 and Bethel Road will recognize all volunteer fire departments and responders in the area that attend services at 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 18.
• Anniversary. The Holt Road Baptist Church Anniversary service will be at 10 a.m. Sunday, March 24. Jimmy Grisham will preach and the Victory Singers will provide music. Lunch will follow. The public is invited. Contact: Pastor James Lemay 256-232-6160.
Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to email@example.com or a fax to 256-233-7753.