Ladies Night Out
A fashion show and street vendors highlight Ladies Night Out from 5-8 p.m. today in Rogersville. Proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. Contact: Jana 256-247-9449.
Johnson Elementary School Leadership Day will be held from 9-11:30 a.m. Thursday at the school, 21360 Alabama 251. Registration at 8:30 a.m. RSVP the number attending by fax 256-233-6673, email Allison.email@example.com or phone 256-233-6665.
American Red Cross blood drive will be held from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Friday at the Department of Human Resources first floor conference room at 1007 W. Market St. in Athens.
Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Clements Baptist Church on U.S. 72 West. Make reservations by noon Thursday, May 10, at 256-232-7207.
Decoration will be on Saturday. Donations for upkeep accepted from those unable to attend: Charlotte Bates, 10576 U.S. 72, Athens, AL 35611.
Wesley Chapel Cemetery
The Wesley Chapel Cemetery annual cleanup day is at 8 a.m. Saturday. Bring rakes, mowers, weed trimmers, garbage bags, etc. Donations needed for regular maintenance. Contact: Jane Tucker 256-431-1338.
The Limestone County Sheriff’s Office will host Coffee Call from 8-9 a.m. Saturday at the Sheriff’s Office, 101 W. Elm St.
The Limestone County NAACP invites children ages 3-13 to The STEPS Book Club and reading session at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Round Island Creek Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road. Learning, lunch and fun provided. Free to the public. Contact: 256-216-5668.
Sunny Hill Cemetery
Decoration and cleanup at Sunny Hill Cemetery will be from 9:30 a.m. until noon Saturday. Upkeep donations can be sent to: Mahlon Nixon, 17232 Blackburn Road, Athens, AL 35611.
Trail ride benefit
The trail ride to benefit Limestone County Triple Bs 4-H Horse Club will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at The Drop Farm, 11183 Snake Road in Athens. Cost is $10 per horse and rider. Lunch provided after ride. Rain date May 26. Contact: 256-777-2029.
The 30th annual Limestone Sheriff’s Rodeo Parade will take place at 2 p.m. Saturday through downtown Athens. Lineup starts at 1 p.m. at Sheriff’s Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99. For more information, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111.
Decoration Day at Johnson Cemetery will be held Saturday and includes a 2 p.m. business meeting. All donations accepted. Cemetery is off Alabama 251 on Johnson Lane and then Johnson Cemetery Road. Contact: George Johnson: 256-423-6384.
The Lindsay Lane Christian Academy scholarship banquet will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday at Lindsay Lane Baptist Life Center. Event will honor their high school students and area residents impacted during the March 2012 tornadoes. Contact: Jan Matthews 256-874-2941.
Veterans museum fish fry
Tickets at $12 each are now available for the Alabama Veterans Museum & Archives fish fry to be held from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Friday, June 8 at the Limestone County Event Center at 100 W. Pryor St. Carryouts available. Contact: 256-771-7578.
AHS Class of 1962
The Athens High School Class of 1962 50th class reunion will be held at 6 p.m. June 9, at Canebrake Club, 22509 Canebrake Lane. Cost is $30 per person. For more information, including payment arrangements, contact Pat Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancer support. A cancer support group meeting-dinner for survivors and caregivers will be held at 6 tonight, May 8, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Disabled veterans. Disabled American Veterans and friends of the DAV will meet at 6 tonight, May 8, at 25396 Airport Road off Alabama 127. Contact: Danny Gilliam 256-771-3225.
• Garden club. Athens Garden Club luncheon and last meeting of 2011-2012, will be Wednesday, May 9, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Meeting, 9:30 a.m.; covered dish luncheon, 11 a.m. Agenda: officers installation, high school scholarship winners, and recap of plant and bake sale. Open to members and their guests.
• NDAR. The John Wade Keyes chapter of the National Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 12, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Contacts: Doris Estes 256-232-8733 or Judy Rew 256-233-1213.
• ALSO. Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will host lunch for the Habitat for Humanity building crew on Mayberry Lane Saturday, May 12. Arrive on-site at 10:45 a.m.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to email@example.com or fax to 256-233-7753.