Vidalia onion sale
The Athens Civitan Club Vidalia onion sale will be held today at Isom’s Orchard on U.S. 72 East. Freshly dug onions for $10. Proceeds support local projects for Birdie Thornton Center. Contact: 256-232-3092.
The Athens-Limestone Rescue Squad sixth annual Bass Tournament will begin at safe light today at the Lee High Boat Ramp on U.S. 72 West. Weigh-in at 2 p.m. Early registration $75, day of $80. Contact: 256-434-6351.
The Bethel, Tenn. Lodge 194 F&AM will serve a buffet breakfast to benefit charity from 7-9 a.m. today at the Lodge building. Public invited. Nonperishable food items are being collected for the food bank.
Tanner High band fundraiser
The Tanner High Musical Yard Sale to help the school band purchase new uniforms and equipment will be held from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. today at the school. Includes music and food. Donations accepted. Contact: 256-233-6682.
Coffee Call for area veterans and spouses, and sponsored by Collins Supply, will be held from 8-9:30 a.m. today at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St. Contacts: Sandy or Vicki 256-771-7578.
Book and bake sale
The Friends of Ardmore Public Library will sponsor a Book and Bake Sale from 9 a.m. until noon today at the library. Proceeds will be used to make purchases for the library.
Owens VFD dinner
Owens Volunteer Fire Department will hold a barbecue chicken dinner at 10 a.m. today. A $7.50 plate includes a half chicken, potato salad, baked beans bread and dessert. Whole chickens for $8.50. Contact: Chief Lovell 256-233-5306 or 777-8510.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. today at the library.
The Limestone County NAACP will hold an ACT-SO competitive event at 6 p.m. today at Beasley Center in Athens. Cost is $10. Contact: Frank Travis 256-216-5668.
Ladies Night Out
A fashion show and street vendors highlight Ladies Night Out from 5-8 p.m. in Rogersville. Proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. Contact: Jana 256-247-9449.
Johnson Elementary School Leadership Day will be held from 9-11:30 a.m. Thursday at the school, 21360 Alabama 251. Registration at 8:30 a.m. RSVP the number attending by fax 256-233-6673, email Allison.email@example.com or phone 256-233-6665.
WLHS reunion picnic
The West Limestone High School 15-year reunion picnic will be held from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, May 12, at the Athens-Limestone Fitness Park beside the Wellness Center. Contact: Matt Taylor 256-431-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WLHS ’55 reunion
The West Limestone High School Class of 1955 will hold a reunion from 4-8 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72 in Athens. Contact: Fred Robertson Jr. 256-232-7266.
Senior Citizens Prom
Seniors interesting in attending the second annual Limestone County Senior Citizens Prom on May 25 should contact Jennifer Reece at 256-233-6412. One adult guest can also attend. Deadline to register is May 7.
• Grave decorations. A veterans graves decoration meeting for anyone willing to help decorate veterans’ graves in Limestone County for Memorial Day will be held at 9:30 a.m. today, May 5, at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St. Contact: Bob Borden 256-867-9079 or Sandy Thompson 256-771-7578.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society Relay for Life covered dish dinner for cancer survivors and caregivers will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, May 7, at First Baptist Church Family Life Center in Athens. Door prizes and entertainment. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will meet Monday, May 7, at LuVici’s Restaurant on the Square. Social hour at 5:30 p.m., meeting at 6:30. No food served. Contact: Ronnie Coffman at Ronnie.email@example.com.
• Cancer support. A cancer support group meeting-dinner for survivors and caregivers will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 8, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Disabled vets. Disabled American Veterans and friends of the DAV will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 8, at 25396 Airport Road off Alabama 127. Contact: Danny Gilliam 256-771-3225.
• Garden club. Athens Garden Club luncheon and last meeting of 2011-2012, will be Wednesday, May 9, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Meeting, 9:30 a.m.; covered dish luncheon, 11 a.m. Agenda: officers installation, high school scholarship winners, and recap of plant and bake sale. Open to members and their guests.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.