From staff reports
An American Red Cross blood drive sponsored by the Julian Newman Elementary “Newmanators” will be held from noon until 6 p.m. Friday at the school’s new gymnasium, 517 Julian Newman Drive. Goal is 100 pints. Receive a limited commemorative T-shirt.
Caregiver's Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Isom’s Chapel United Methodist Church, 16230 Mooresville Road. Make reservations at 256-232-7207.
Tanner High band fundraiser
The Tanner High Musical Yard Sale to help the school band purchase new uniforms and equipment will be held from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday at the school. Includes music and food. Donations accepted. Contact: 256-233-6682.
Coffee Call for area veterans and spouses, and sponsored by Collins Supply, will be held from 8-9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St. Contacts: Sandy or Vicki 256-771-7578.
Book and bake sale
The Friends of Ardmore Public Library will sponsor a Book and Bake Sale from 9 a.m. until noon Saturday at the library. Proceeds will be used to make purchases for the library.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday at the library.
Tickets are on sale for the Storybook Ball where adults and children can dine with their favorite book characters from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Limestone County Event Center. Tickets are $20 per adult, $15 per child (under 3 free), and available at the Athens-Limestone Public Library, at www.alcpl.org and 256-232-1233.
The Limestone County NAACP will hold an ACT-SO competitive event at 6 p.m. Saturday at Beasley Center in Athens. Cost is $10. Contact: Frank Travis 256-216-5668.
WLHS reunion picnic
The West Limestone High School 15-year reunion picnic will be held from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, May 12, at the Athens-Limestone Fitness Park beside the Wellness Center. Contact: Matt Taylor 256-431-3276 or email@example.com.
WLHS ’55 reunion
The West Limestone High School Class of 1955 will hold a reunion from 4-8 p.m. Saturday, May 19, at 306 Barbecue on U.S. 72 in Athens. Contact: Fred Robertson Jr. 256-232-7266.
Senior Citizens Prom
Seniors interesting in attending the second annual Limestone County Senior Citizens Prom on May 25 should contact Jennifer Reece at 256-233-6412. One adult guest can also attend. Deadline to register is May 7.
The Owens Volunteer Fire Department door-to-door fundraiser began April 25 and continues for approximately four weeks. Donations will be used to help purchase hoses and equipment for their new firetruck.
Fashion show and luncheon
Athens-Limestone Beautification Board annual Dogwood Festival Vintage Fashion Show and Luncheon to be held at noon Tuesday, May1 at the First Baptist Church Family Life Center has been canceled. If tickets have already been purchased, contact the person who sold the tickets for a refund.
• Veterans. Vietnam Veterans of America chapter 511 will meet Tuesday, May 1, at the chapter hall. Food at 6:30 p.m., meeting at 7.
• AHS Class of ’56. Athens High School Class of 1956 and friends will meet for lunch at 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 2, at Green Tomatoes in Ardmore, Tenn. Contact: Mary 256-729-6709.
• Fitting the Pieces. Assistive technology for children with autism will be the subject of a meeting from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 3, at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church, room 11. Public is invited. Presented by Laura Parks. Contact: Todd Tomerlin 256-431-3511.
• American Legion. Post 49 and the Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 3, at 124 Cloverleaf Drive in Athens. Contact: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023.
• Grave decorations. A veterans graves decoration meeting for anyone willing to help decorate veterans’ graves in Limestone County for Memorial Day will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 5, at the Alabama Veterans Museum, 100 W. Pryor St. Contact: Bob Borden 256-867-9079 or Sandy Thompson 256-771-7578.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.