Church briefs must be submitted in writing, either on a form available at The News Courier office at 410 W. Green St., Athens, or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a fax to 256-233-7753.
• Holiday desserts. Group 3 of the Greater Hope M.B. Church will have a Holiday Dessert Bake Sale Extravaganza from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, Dec. 22, at American Legion Post 49 at 124 Cloverleaf Drive.
• Victorious Outreach Mobile Ministry. The ministry will be from 12:30-3:30 p.m. today, Dec. 22, at Village View Church, 330 Hine St. at the corner of Hine and Plato Jones. Free food to satisfy the body and free prayer to edify the spirit. Prayer warriors on hand to offer prayer and counseling. Public invited
• Christmas Giveaway. Sould Out Christian Center-Bama will have a Christmas giveaway at 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 23, at The Boys & Girls Club, 1017 W. Washington St. Public is invited.
• Church anniversary. Westside Church of Christ will celebrate its fifth anniversary on Sunday. Morning worship begins at 10 a.m., followed by Bible study at 11:15 a.m. Lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m., followed by afternoon worship at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Bro. Timothy Otis, minister of the Bradyville Road Church of Christ in Murfreesboro, Tenn. The church is located at 25704 Smithfield Road, Elkmont.
• Christmas services. St Timothy’s Episcopal Church in Athens invites the community to their 10:30 p.m. Christmas Eve service Monday, Dec. 24, with music and the Holy Eucharist. A Christmas Day service, held at 9 a.m. will include Holy Eucharist but no music. The church is located at 207 E. Washington St. Contact: 256-232-3541.
• Watch Night Service. The Indian Creek Primitive Baptist Church will hold its annual Watch Night Service beginning at 10 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31. This year’s guest speaker is the Rev. Jermaine Turner and Pine Grove M.B. Church. The choirs of Pine Grove and Indian Creek will present the song service. Breakfast will be available.
• Singers needed. The Limestone Singers are in need of more singers to visit local nursing homes and assisted living facilities three Sundays each month. The ministry is in its fourth decade of service. For more information, call Herby Greenhaw at 256-0998-0765 or Glynn Snider at 256-431-5029.
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/21/13
An information booth with educational materials and someone to answer questions about Alzheimer’s disease will be available from 2-4 p.m. Wednesday at Walgreens on U.S. 31 North in Athens across from the high school.
Limestone Ledger 5/19/13
The American Legion Post 49 monthly chicken stew will be held from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $5 to eat in or for per quart carryouts. Containers provided. No sides with carryouts. Information: Rod Huffman 256-233-3023. Reserve carryouts: 256-230-6233.
- Church Bulletin 5/19/13
Limestone Ledger 5/18/13
Limestone County Sheriff’s 31st Annual Rodeo continues tonight at the Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99 in Athens. Gates open at 6 p.m. Rodeo at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at gate. For more information, go online to www.limestonesheriffrodeo.com. Contact: Limestone Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111.
Limestone Ledger 5/17/13
30th anniversary celebration
Athens-Limestone Emergency Food and Shelter, located at 20086 Swanner Blvd. in Tanner, will celebrate its 30th anniversary at a community party from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18. Events include large yard sale, health screenings and free food beginning at noon.
- Church Bulletin 5/17/13
Limestone Ledger 5/16/13
Limestone County Sheriff’s 31st Annual Rodeo is Friday and Saturday, May 17-18, at the Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99 in Athens. Gates open at 6 p.m. Rodeo at 8 p.m. Advance tickets or purchase at gate. For more information, go online to www.limestonesheriffrodeo.com. Contact: Limestone Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111.
Limestone Ledger 5/15/13
Limestone County Sheriff’s 31st Annual Rodeo is Friday and Saturday, May 17-18, at the Rodeo Arena on Alabama 99 in Athens. Gates open at 6 p.m. Friday. Rodeo at 8. Advance tickets or purchase at gate. For more information, go online to www.limestonesheriffrodeo.com. Contact: Limestone Sheriff’s Office at 256-232-0111
- Church Bulletin 5/15/13
- Limestone Ledger 5-14-13
- More Calendar of Events Headlines
- Limestone Ledger 5/21/13