From staff reports
Johnson Elementary School Leadership Day will be held from 9-11:30 a.m. Thursday at the school, 21360 Alabama 251. Registration at 8:30 a.m. RSVP the number attending by fax 256-233-6673, email Allison.email@example.com or phone 256-233-6665.
American Red Cross blood drive will be held from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Friday at the Department of Human Resources first floor conference room at 1007 W. Market St. in Athens.
Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Clements Baptist Church on U.S. 72 West. Make reservations by noon Thursday, May 10, at 256-232-7207.
Decoration will be on Saturday. Donations for upkeep accepted from those unable to attend: Charlotte Bates, 10576 U.S. 72, Athens, AL 3611.
Wesley Chapel Cemetery
The Wesley Chapel Cemetery annual cleanup day is at 8 a.m. Saturday. Bring rakes, mowers, weed trimmers, garbage bags, etc. Donations needed for regular maintenance. Contact: Jane Tucker 256-431-1338.
The Limestone County NAACP invites children ages 3-13 to The STEPS Book Club and reading session at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Round Island Creek Mission Center, 13829 Lucas Ferry Road. Learning, lunch and fun provided. Free to the public. Contact: 256-216-5668.
Trail ride benefit
The trail ride to benefit Limestone County Triple Bs 4-H Horse Club will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at The Drop Farm, 11183 Snake Road in Athens. Cost is $10 per horse and rider. Lunch provided after ride. Rain date May 26. Contact: 256-777-2029.
Decoration Day at Johnson Cemetery will be held Saturday and includes a 2 p.m. business meeting. All donations accepted. Cemetery is off Alabama 251 on Johnson Lane and then Johnson Cemetery Road. Contact: George Johnson: 256-423-6384.
The Lindsay Lane Christian Academy scholarship banquet will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday at Lindsay Lane Baptist Life Center. Event will honor their high school students and area residents impacted during the March 2012 tornadoes. Contact: Jan Matthews 256-874-2941.
Veterans museum fish fry
Tickets at $12 each are now available for the Alabama Veterans Museum & Archives fish fry to be held from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Friday, June 8 at the Limestone County Event Center at 100 W. Pryor St. Carryouts available. Contact: 256-771-7578.
AHS Class of 1962
The Athens High School Class of 1962 50th class reunion will be held at 6 p.m. June 9, at Canebrake Club, 22509 Canebrake Lane. Cost is $30 per person. For more information, including payment arrangements, contact Pat Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancer survivor dinner. An American Cancer Society Relay for Life covered dish dinner for cancer survivors and caregivers will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, May 7, at First Baptist Church Family Life Center in Athens. Door prizes and entertainment. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Republicans. The Limestone County Republican Executive Committee will meet Monday, May 7, at LuVici’s Restaurant on the Square. Social hour at 5:30 p.m., meeting at 6:30. No food served. Contact: Ronnie Coffman at Ronnie.email@example.com.
• Cancer support. A cancer support group meeting-dinner for survivors and caregivers will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 8, at Catfish Cabin 2. Contact: 256-232-6455.
• Disabled veterans Disabled American Veterans and friends of the DAV will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 8, at 25396 Airport Road off Alabama 127. Contact: Danny Gilliam 256-771-3225.
• Garden club. Athens Garden Club luncheon and last meeting of 2011-2012, will be Wednesday, May 9, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Meeting, 9:30 a.m.; covered dish luncheon, 11 a.m. Agenda: officers installation, high school scholarship winners, and recap of plant and bake sale. Open to members and their guests.
• NDAR. The John Wade Keyes chapter of the National Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, May 12, at the First Presbyterian Church Rodgers Center. Contacts: Doris Estes 256-232-8733 or Judy Rew 256-233-1213.