Caregiver’s Night Out will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church. Make reservations by noon Thursday, June 21, at 256-232-7207.
Veterans Museum closed
The Alabama Veterans Museum & Archives on Pryor Street will be closed Friday to allow staff and volunteers to set up for the Sam Gibbons Memorial Tennessee Walking Horse Show at the Sheriff’s Arena. The museum will open at 9 a.m. Saturday.
Emergency Preparedness Expo
An Emergency Preparedness Expo will be held from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday on the grounds of the Limestone County Flea Market on U.S. 72 East. Event includes free food and giveaways along with information on how to keep families safe and healthy during emergencies. To serve as a sponsor or host contact: Paula Austin 256-503-3262 or Lisa Stone 256-694-9425.
Pork chop dinner
The Athens Lion Club will hold a pork chop dinner from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday at the site of The Kiddie Carnival on Forrest Street at Athens Middle School. Tickets are $15 and include pork chop, baked potato, beans, bread, drink and dessert. To reserve tickets: 256-230-3050 or email@example.com. Eat in or carryouts.
Descendents of Monroe and Adaline Craig will meet Saturday at the Owens Senior Center on Alabama 99. Lunch will be served at noon.
Used book sale
The Friends of Athens-Limestone Public Library will hold a used book sale from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Tuesday at the library at 405 E. South St. Contact: 256-232-1233.
• ALSO. The Athens-Limestone Seniors Organization will meet and have a Dutch-treat lunch at 11 a.m. Thursday, June 21, at Mac’s Steakhouse on Jefferson Street. Speaker is Sandra Zirbel, director of CASA. Public invited.
• Republican women. Limestone Republican Women will meet Thursday, June 21, at Catfish Cabin 2 on U.S. 72 East in Athens. Social hour at 6 p.m., meeting at 6:30. Local author Margret Mefford will speak about her book “Journey to Freedom,” her life as a child in Germany during the Allies post-World War II occupation.
• Pink Ribbon survivor group. The Pink Ribbon Hope Chest survivor group will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 19, in classroom 4 of the Athens-Limestone Hospital education department. Contact: 256-216-9100.
• NARFE. National Active and Retired Federal Employees chapter 1480 will meet at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 23, at the Veterans Museum on Pryor Street in Athens. The guest speaker will be from the Athens-Limestone Public Library. Breakfast served. Call Dean Morgan 256-233-0248.
• Blacksmiths. Athens Blacksmiths will meet Saturday, June 23, at Travis Flemings Shop on Commercial drive in Athens. Visitors and those interested in learning are welcome. Contact: John Guenther 256-230-2900
• Democrats. The Limestone County Democrats will meet for its annual Family Fun Day from 4-7 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at the home of Henry and Marsha White. Hot dogs and hamburgers served. Outdoor games and activities for the whole family.
• Donnell House. The board of directors of the Donnell House will host their annual membership meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 24, at the Donnell House on the campus of Athens Middle School. Refreshments will be served.
Limestone Ledger is a list of events hosted by nonprofit organizations. Items must be submitted in writing and are listed up to six days to include the day of the event. Mail or bring submissions to The News Courier, 410 W. Green St., Athens, AL 35611; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 256-233-7753.