Wendell and Abbie Phillips of Athens celebrated their 50th anniversary with a surprise overnight adventure Jan. 18-19 with their children and grandchildren followed by a trip to Gatlingburg, Tenn.
The Phillips were married on Jan. 30, 1963, in Florence. They have lived in Athens the past 29 years.
They have two children, Serena Owsley and husband Charles of Athens, and Kendell Phillips and wife Bonita of Athens; six grandchildren, Allison Patterson and husband Heath of Chattanooga, Tenn, and, Rachel Owsley, Jonathan Owsley, Brooke Phillips, Klaire Phillips and Will Phillips, all of Athens.
- Anniversary: Hardimans celebrate 66 years
- Anniversary: 50 years together
- Anniversary: Finleys celebrate 50 years
- Anniversary: Slatens celebrate 60 years
- Anniversary: Prices celebrate 50 years
- Anniversary: Couple celebrates 50 years
- Anniversary: Gatlins celebrate 50 years
- Anniversary: Davises celebrate 60 years together
- Anniversary: Britnells celebrate 70 years together
- Anniversary: Hardiman's celebrate 65 years together
- More Anniversaries Headlines