- Top Local News
- Today's Local Feature
- State and Nation
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed
- Man shot by FBI had ties to Boston bombing suspect
- Alabama's tuition plan starting reduced payments
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Local Sports
Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
CHICAGO (AP) — Star linebacker Brian Urlacher is calling it a career after 13 seasons with the Chicago Bears.
The eight-time Pro Bowl player announced his retirement on his Twitter account Wednesday. In a statement, he said, "After spending a lot of time this spring thinking about my NFL future, I have made a decision to retire."Continued ...
- Bulldogs outlast Missouri 2-1 in 17 innings
- Alabama rallies past Auburn 6-3 at SEC tournament
- Former Tide WR Woodson transfers to South Alabama
- Alabama's Grant promotes Pettway, Brannen
- Bears LB Urlacher announces his retirement
- Calendar of Events
Limestone Ledger 5/23/13
VFW grill out
The VFW and Ladies Auxiliary grill out will be held from 2-5 p.m. Sunday at the VFW Post on North Jefferson Street. $5 per plate for barbecue ribs and chicken plate dinners. Eat in or carry out. Public invited. Contact: 256-729-6077 or 431-7887.
- Limestone Ledger 5/22/13
- Limestone Ledger 5/23/13